NFT-4-GOOD: The Empowering Mural NFT Offering From Third Rail Art
NFT-4-GOOD is an initiative from Third Rail Art, an emerging cultures incubator using Web3 tech to demonstrate the wonders of a remote Mexican arts festival to the world. More specifically, the non-profit project involves working with a portion of the 100 artists involved in the Akumal Arts Festival and transforming their murals into digital artwork NFTs.
Dropping on its own NFT platform Danae.io on June 10th at 4PM EST, whilst also being showcased in Decentraland, the 2022 collection of Akumal Arts Festival NFTs includes 18 animated NFT murals by 20 artists, with two editions of each artwork (so 36 in total).
Although yet to be unveiled, each NFT is expected to be infused with a vibrant, colourful, and storytelling animation, which will be rendered by on-chain mural specialists Cryptic Gallery.
The NFTs will reside on the Polygon blockchain and can be purchased in $MATIC. From here, 85% of each primary sale will go to the Akumal Cultural Foundation to support community programs, with the remaining 15% being used to cover development costs.
To empower local artists even further, they will also receive a 10% royalty share on every secondary market sale of their two mural NFTs.
The Decentraland Showcase
By showcasing the murals in Decentraland (-26,140), Third Rail hopes to expose as many metaverse explorers to the magic created in the small town of Akumal as possible. In doing so, users who were previously unaware of the project can now visit the exhibition, where they can learn about the Akumal Cultural Foundation, its celebratory annual arts festival, and the innovative and socially beneficial endeavour that is NFT-4-GOOD.
The virtual gallery hosting the event is a two-story open air venue which’ll offer a virtual portal into Akumal itself. Photos of each of the 18 murals will be arranged onto the white walls of the gallery, framed by a background inspired by lush palm trees and rich blue skies.
Follow Third Rail Art >> Twitter
Want more? Connect with NFT Plazas
*All investment/financial opinions expressed by NFT Plazas are from the personal research and experience of our site moderators and are intended as educational material only. Individuals are required to fully research any product prior to making any kind of investment.
Team Writer. 100% Non-Fungible.